G++ in sarge.

Hi all.

I would like to know if the Debian community is really going to release
Sarge with G++ 3.3.x as the default C++ compiler.

My question stems from the fact that Sarge will probably be the only
stable release in the next year or two, that Sarge's packages C++ code
is compiled against libstdc++5, and that that library is unable to cope
with file streams longer than 2 Gb.

I think the answer to this question ---only relevant for me, probably---
could be a simple "yes" or "no", without making any noise and without
wasting developers' time in futile discussion.

Best regards
g.b.