Re: Introducing pmount in Debian / New plugdev group

Hi Marco!

Marco d'Itri [2004-11-12 10:42 +0100]:
> On Nov 10, Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> wrote:
>
> > I was not sure whether it is valid that packages put their scripts
> > into /etc/udev/rules.d.
> It is as long as they discuss it with me. :-)
> BTW, I suggest installing the rules files in /etc/udev/ and then
> creating a symlink in the rules.d/ directory.

Hmm, the Ubuntu hal package currently places the script directly in
rules.d/ (as with any other *.d file) since I did not want to clutter
up /etc/udev. Is this entirely unreasonable? I can change the Ubuntu
version if necessary.

> > If it is okay for you that pmount also ships /etc/udev/removable.sh,
> Please use /etc/udev/scripts/removable.sh.

For the same reason (not cluttering up /etc/udev) I placed the script
in /usr/share/hal/device-removable.sh. Is this okay as well?

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de