Re: Introducing pmount in Debian / New plugdev group

Hi Marco!

Marco d'Itri [2004-11-10 14:19 +0100]:
> > Our /etc/udev/udev.rules has two new rules directly after the cdrom
> > and floppy rules:
> >
> > # put removable IDE/SCSI devices into group 'plugdev' instead of 'disk'
> > BUS="scsi", KERNEL="sd[a-z]*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/removable.sh %k", RESULT="1", NAME="%k", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
> > BUS="ide", KERNEL="hd[a-z]*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/removable.sh %k", RESULT="1", NAME="%k", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
>
> What about I ship the script in udev (as /etc/udev/scripts/removable.sh)
> and your package install the rules file? Or udev provides the rules file
> too and your package enables it by creating the symlink?

I was not sure whether it is valid that packages put their scripts
into /etc/udev/rules.d. But I would be fine to leave udev.rules
untouched and have pmount ship /etc/udev/rules.d/z_plugdev.rules (z_
because it must be executed after the standard rules; if it is
executed earlier, CD-ROM and floppy nodes will also be in plugdev,
which is not intended).

If it is okay for you that pmount also ships /etc/udev/removable.sh,
then I can do that as well. In this case the udev package does not
need to be modified at all.

Thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org