Re: software updates file in /usr -- policy bug?

also sprach Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> [2004.10.29.0823 +0200]:
> dpkg should not put files in /usr when it extracts programs either if

Come on! The FHS regulates what normal software can/should do,
partially so that package managers can work reliably. dpkg is the
package manager, thus it is exempt from the FHS.

`. `'`