Re: Several X applications refuse to start

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Simon Huggins wrote:

Is this a Transmeta Crusoe based laptop?
No.  It is centrono based and I guess this is rather a problem of some pure
X applications, because Gnome and KDE applications and also Mozilla are
behaving fine.  The only thing is that sometimes fonts are not rendered
nicely (for instance the fonts in the menu of xmms look ugly and do
not seem to use TrueType fonts.

Have you seen bug 216933?

I get this bug periodically.  Apparently running the debugging server or
recompiling to turn off optimisation in the X server may help.

Though I guess your symptoms are a little different.
Definitely.

Kind regards

        Andreas.