Re: an idea for next generation APT archive caching

    Chris> Hmm, seems you are talking about version 1, which has been
    Chris> rewritten.  The new version isn't bug free yet but it does
    Chris> fix several problems.  It doesn't use wget.

It would appear apt-proxy v2 isn't in Debian (or that I can't find
it).

    Chris> There are several cleaning algorithms, controlled by
    Chris> different parameters.  The 'only correct way' algorithm
    Chris> described above is controlled by the max_versions parameter
    Chris> (in version 1 & 2)

No, max_versions is not correct. It will only work if all my computers
use the same distribution; if some computers use unstable while others
use stable for example, then the stable version will get deleted after
n revisions of the unstable version of the package.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>