Re: discover and hotplug must be able to co-exists (was Re: discover or alsa?)

[Marco d'Itri]
> Hotplug does not know about X drivers and is not supposed to.

Right.  That is what I suspected.  So it can not replace discover,
kudzy, or any of the other packages capable of providing X driver
info.

> I think that the correct solution is to ship discover with
> autoloading of USB and PCI devices turned off by default.

At least it sounds like a good idea to have such option.  The work is
done in the init.d-script.  I'm sure patches to make it optional to
load kernel modules at boot time are welcome. :)

I'm not sure if it should be off by default.  But that is a different
discussion. :)