Re: about volatile.d.o/n

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 04:29:37PM +0100, paddy wrote:
> Virus definition updates fit in the 'undesirable' category.  Thats not
> to say some database can't be packaged.  Here's a couple of references:
> 184882DD97@murphy.debian.org
> 1B6482DEA2@murphy.debian.org
> (I'll post a reply with the ml archive web urls, in a hurry just now)

Unless, of course I forget, can't find them or simply can't be bothered ;)

Having tried to find these in the l.d.o web search interface, I now
realise just how poor a form of reference they turn out to be.

Readers of the clam lists will be also be aware of stuff like:

as well other threads detailing the already significant distribution
infrastructure of ClamAV, and looking for ways to make it faster.