Re: Reproducible, precompiled .o files: what say policy+gpl?

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 02:06:46PM +0200, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 04:59:37PM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> > Possibly; however, I think bandwidth grows far slower than CPU speed and
> > overall system power.  I do understand your concern, though.
>
> I intend to find out his source for these slides b/c this is very
> important to know.

Apparently this data comes from Jim Gray
	http://research.microsoft.com/~Gray/
who works for Microsoft Research.

The information is current as of 99/00:
http://research.microsoft.com/~gray/papers/MS_TR_99_100_Rules_of_Thumb_in_Data_Engineering.pdf

I would love to see more recent data if anyone has it.

--
Wesley W. Terpstra