Re: ppp/ip-up vs. network/if-up

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 00:21, Robert Collins wrote:
> I think there is basically a general class of network event to represent
> these, and if ifupdown is taught it, and then dhcp, ppp, <whatever> are
> hooked into it, the result would be fanastic. That class is link events,
> as opposed to interface ones. I.e. add link-pre-up.d, link-up.d,
> link-post-down.d directories.

Interesting idea.  Now, assuming that a link daemon does a run-parts on
the appropriate directory after a link event, what information should be
passed to the hook scripts?

I would like to ask everyone interested in these issues to write to
#255195 and support my request to create a debian-net mailing list.

--
Thomas Hood