Re: ppp/ip-up vs. network/if-up

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:50:04 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
wrote:
> I think Robert thought about if the scripts are rerun if pppd loses
> connection and reconnects - typically with a different IP.

FYI: The experimental ifupdown does not currently rerun "up" scripts if
pppd reconnects.

I can see why, in the case of PPP interfaces, that might be desired.  I am
not sure that we should implement it, though.  It would depart from the
way ifupdown "up" and "down" scripts have worked in the past for other
interfaces.

--
Thomas Hood