Re: TG3 firmware report...

Nathanael Nerode writes:
> To me, this means that Broadcom didn't know what the hell it was doing.
> I cannot divine Broadcom's actual intentions from that, and Broadcom can
> easily and convincingly claim that it intended something different from
> what you assume.

The intent implied by publically releasing a work under the GPL is well
understood and widely known.  I don't believe that they would stand any
chance of getting an injunction, let alone damages.

The fact that they have already permitted redistribution would count
heavily against them.
--
John Hasler