Re: PROPOSAL: debian-mozilla@lists.debian.org

Eduard Bloch schrieb:

[...]

Dear all,

due to the ever increasing number of mozilla-based packages I wonder if it would be a good thing to have a separate debian-mozilla mailing list. Personally I have big difficulties understanding the hacked way

What is wrong with an Alioth project, say "mozilla-group"? There you can
create mailing lists you need.

Well, I fail to understand what the extra effort of first creating an Alioth project in order to then set up a mailing list would be good for.

I understand that Alioth's primary purpose is to facilitate collaborative maintainership, like e.g. practiced by Debian's GNOME team. However, this was not what I had in mind when I made my proposal. I simply would like to have a forum to discuss common issues related to packaging mozilla-related software.

Thanks,

Johannes