Re: PROPOSAL: debian-mozilla@lists.debian.org

Jesus Climent schrieb:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 10:51:21PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

I think that creating a such list is a very good idea. Currently the only way to contact mozilla package's maintainers is to do an apt-cache search mozilla and grep for the email adresses. FYI there is currently

Or send a mail to <package>@packages.debian.org

That solves only part of the problem. There should be a forum for *all* maintainers of mozilla-related packages to communicate.

Once instance where this would have been and still could be useful is the ongoing transition to firefox 1.0pre. Another (related) issue is how to repackage firefox /thunderbird extensions and locales for Debian. I have severe difficulties understanding what the extension manager does. All I understand is that repackaging those extensions for Debian requires massive hacks. It would be incredibly helpful to have something like a mozilla packaging policy, just like the existing Debian GNOME packaging policy. Stuff like this could be discussed on a prospective debian-mozilla list.

Thanks,

Johannes