Re: about volatile.d.o/n

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 05:51:48PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we had some discussion about volatile, and I'm more and more considering to
> pick this task up. I think some issues are quite obvious:
>
> - packages should only go in in cooperation with the maintainers;
>
> - volatile is not "just another place" for backports, but should only
>   contain changes to stable programs that are necessary to keep them
>   functional;

Andi,

I would like 'must' keep them functional: IOW, voltaile is prepared to
drop packages from volatile that are, for whatever reason, unable to keep
up with the purpose.  It would be sad if volatile ended up containing
useless packages!

Regards,

Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall