Re: TG3 firmware report...

Hi,

Daniel Freedman wrote:
> Anyway, just thought I'd see what people think of this, and how the
> Debian community wants to proceed.  Is there some way to enable
> compability with this without downloading the firmware and violating
> the DFSG?

Since the tg3 driver doesn't work with my BCM5702 interface anyway
(#240812), I'm using the bcm5700-source driver from non-free. I guess
people running servers and using the advanced features of this driver
are doing the same.

Feel free to write a personal email to Broadcom asking for the source of
their GPLed driver.

bye,
  Roland