Re: PRINT EPSON STYLUS C82; bug #235522?

Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert@web.de> writes:

> May its its bug #235522?

> I filled this bug report pretty much time ago and the maintainer doesn't
> seem to care. I tried to fix it myself, but even the cups newsgroup
> couldn't help me with it. Unfortunality the error messages don't make any
> sense to me or to someone else.

1) "apt-cache show" should be replaced by "dpkg -s".  Since it's
   always installed with cupsys, I think the espgs error is possibly
   due to a broken foomatic filter.

2) If you're using CUPS and Gimp-Print, there's no need for
   Foomatic--it's just another layer of complexity.  Install
   cupsys-driver-gimpprint and then add a new print queue as described
   in the gimpprint-doc package (user manual).  It should Just
   Work(tm).

> However, I would really be glad if not only me would care more about this
> bug. IMHO its release critical, since it not only effects the C82, but
> maybe all recent stylus printers. When I wrote this bug report, I didn't
> know yet that many others Epson stylus printers do have the very same
> problem.

AFAIK they work perfectly; the C82 is very well supported, and has
been for quite some time.  I think it's most likely something wrong on
your system.  Make sure your system is /completely/ up to date, and if
in doubt, completely purge your CUPS installation and reinstall it
again to ensure it's working correctly--if you've done a lot of
tinkering, you'll start in a known good state.

If you can't get the basic Gimp-Print CUPS driver going as above,
please file a bug report against cupsys-driver-gimpprint.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh