Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:26:40PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:59:22PM +0100, paddy wrote:
> >
> > How would one decide which features to backport, and which not?
>
> The ones that the maintainer of the package decides is the best for
> keeping the package which will update in stable usable, as long as the
> packages is created against stable, is complying the policy created for such a
> repository and everything is consistant.

Maintainer decides subject to archive policy seems reasonable enough.

I fear though that my earlier suggestion of a feed into proposed-updates
would run up against policy for the stable archives.  If such a feed were felt to
be desirable then compromises necessary to achieve that might be a consideration.

> The user might decide to use or not to use such a repository, but for the
> interest of the users, it might be better than leave them with 2.20 in woody
> or having to refer to backports.org, which is not having such a release
> policy.

Agreed.

Regards,

Paddy