Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:59:22PM +0100, paddy wrote:

> How would one decide which features to backport, and which not?

The ones that the maintainer of the package decides is the best for
keeping the package which will update in stable usable, as long as the
packages is created against stable, is complying the policy created for such a
repository and everything is consistant.

The user might decide to use or not to use such a repository, but for the
interest of the users, it might be better than leave them with 2.20 in woody
or having to refer to backports.org, which is not having such a release
policy.

Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.27|Helsinki Finland
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

I'll see my lawyer about this as soon as he graduates from law school!
		--Rufus T. Firefly (Duck Soup)