Re: installing TCP programs when RPC programs are running

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> - Thu, Oct 07, 2004:

> Yes, sunrpc sucks. It's wanton consumption of address space is just
> one of many ways in which it makes the life of a sysadmin miserable.
> The proper approach would have been for sunrpc to carve out a few
> ports exclusively for its own use, but it's a bit late for that now.

 This could be documented in a note with low priority when one installs
 portmap for example?  I'd like admins to have a chance to read they
 can expect port usage collisions.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>