Re: Re: ITP: cddb.bundle -- CDDB Bundle for GNUstep

On 06-Oct-04, 06:41 (CDT), Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net> wrote:
> And developers writing with GNUstep recognize the same thing. The difference
> is that we *have* to give enough information about an app using only two
> pieces of information -- the name of the app and its icon.

"*Have*" to? Why? Other applications manage to provide unique names. Why
does being a GNUstep application give you the right to claim generic
names like "mail", "editor", etc.

Claiming necessity doesn't make it so. If it's simply a convention
of the GNUstep developer's, then your claim to have considered mixed
systems is bogus.

Note that I'm not promoting the idea that all GNUstep packages names
must begin with "gnustep-". I find the ".app" convention sufficiently
clear; in fact, I assume pretty much anthing with a "." in it's name
GNUstep.

If we are going to allow generic names, then obviously they would be
applied to the most commonly used or "best for the novice" example, so
I'm pretty sure that GNUstep apps aren't going to get them.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net