Re: If ATI and nVidia don't support their own products, who does?

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:18:29AM -0400, Brendan said
> On Monday 04 October 2004 01:26, Jules Dubois wrote:
> > I may never get totally open source, but one of the biggest reasons is
> > that some Linux (and presumably BSD) users buy their hardware anyway.  The
> > attitudes of ATI and Nvidia (and others) says clearly that they don't care
> > about their customers.  I'm not buying their excuses or their products.
>
> Oh snore. You obviously have never been in the hardware business, and have
> zero clue what it takes to make a business fly. Please, saying things like
> "they obviously don't care about their customers" just highlights your
> ignorance.

So why not release documentation for the freaking card?  Even if it was
under a NDA to some exclusive group of developers, we could at least
have Free drivers.

> They care enough to make a driver. Yeah, what about the other companies?

I don't know if ATI wrote the driver or just provided docs, but my
Radeon 9200 works perfectly with Free drivers.

-rob

--
Words of the day:     airframe ANC industrial intelligence Watergate Montenegro