Re: Spam, ASNs, CIDRs, and d-u

On Sep 28, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately, using BGP to combat spam on a large scale will result
> in more spammers attacking BGP.  As BGP provides no real
This is not really a plausible threat model.
And as you noticed, by-ASN blocking is very resource-intensive.

I suggest the author of the original statistics to also try classifying
the spam by announced network prefix, which I believe will show more
interesting aggregation properties.
(This software will help, and is way faster than DNS lookups:
http://www.linux.it/~md/software/zebra-dump-parser.tgz .)

--
ciao, |
Marco | [8235 arTOjI.mmjFsg]