Re: How should stalin be handled on slower architectures?

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:

> Not really. The two longest function bodies seem to be about 20,000
> no-comment lines in length, whereas the entire file has more than
> 400,000 non-comment lines.
>
> Thus it ought to be possible to spilt the source into several
> batches automatically.

Splitting the file might be possible, I'd have to ask upstream.  I
don't think stalin's relying on cross-function optimizations to
guarantee Scheme semantics (for example, the guarantee of "no stack
growth for tail-recursive calls"), but I'd have to check to be sure.

One thing that does need fixing is that it should be emitting static
functions rather than global functions so that it won't overflow the
linker on the alpha.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu