Re: FTBFS - buildd didn't install dependencies properly

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 02:09:09PM -0500, Robin Verduijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at a strange FTBFS for mcvs on mips[1]; the build failed
> because the 'clisp' executable wasn't found. This source package only
> depends on clisp-dev, but that has a dependency on clisp[2] so I
> don't understand why clisp itself wasn't installed. Should I just wait
> until the build is retried on a different buildd in the hopes that it's
> a problem with a misconfigured buildd?

Based on the apt-get output, it looks like clisp was already installed
(the alternative reason is a very weird bug in apt).

clisp-dev contains an unversioned depends on clisp. Are you sure that
any clisp package that ever existed contains the files that the build
fails on? If not, this is a bug in clisp-dev or mcvs.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl