Re: Updated: XDM, GDM, KDM, WDM shootout :-)

Hi,

Actually I had 2 major mistakes in the table.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:20:14PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 septembre 2004 à 21:55 +0200, Osamu Aoki a écrit :
>
> >        1) Use of     2) Choice 3) Choice    4) Non ~/.xsession  5) User
> >           Xsession.d    of WM     of locale    custom           List
> >                                   by user      startup script
> >   XDM     ++            --        --           -                -
                            (+)
                            Actually it can be done manually.
                            Not easy but it can be done.
                            /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources

> >   GDM     +             +         ++           only gnome       ++
>
> The .gnomerc customization has nothing to do with GDM, it is a feature
> of gnome-session that is used with any display manager.

Quite true.  I do not know why I said this.

> >   KDM     ++            +         +(restart)   -                ++

Now I find that I can switch KDE, Gnome, XFce, blackbox, TWM, ... with
any DM and all DM use  Xsession.d :-)

Osamu