Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

* Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) [040927 19:55]:
> Jesus Climent wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 09:09:51AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > >
> > > The security team can install packages in security.debian.org at any
> > > time (if it's up and running).
> >
> > So what that would be different from volatile.debian.org?
> >
> > s/volatile/anything policers decide/
>
> make that volatile.debian.net and I'm fine.
>
> Or maybe call it backports.org?

The difference is that backports.org does not do it as "releases" that
are stable than till the next release (except security updates), so that
you have the disadvantages of sid for the selected packages - and of
course, that there are no explicit security updates by the security
team.

Cheers,
Andi
--