Re: loadlin in wnpp

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:05:25PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> hello,
> * Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> [2004-09-26 12:30]:
> > Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> writes:
> > > everytime i get the wnpp packages as an email i see loadlin in it.
> > > i dont understand why this is a wnpp because its a program running under
> > > dos and not under linux.
> >
> > Do you think that LILO and GRUB should not be in Debian then?
> > Their most important code does not run under Linux either.
>
> i am not quite shure but as far as i know nothing of the loadlin code
> runs under linux.

So what? It contains the documentation on how to use the program and
the program itself, so that you can copy it to your DOS partition.

The real question is, if someone is still using loadlin to boot
Debian. If yes, it's a good reason to distribute the program and how
should we do this instead? The pool is the best distribution method that
we have ...

So what's exactly your point? If nobody uses the program, nobody will
adopt it and it will be removed from Debian, if someone is interested
in keeping, it will stay in.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>