reiserfsprogs or progsreiserfs? Reporting a cross-package bug

Hello,

At boot, the filesystem check complained that I don't have reiserfs
tools installed to perform a filesystem check, so I want to install one.
However, there are two: reiserfsprogs and progsreiserfs.

In their description, I see nothing that would help me in making the
choice: one uses a library, the other doesn't.  But are they updated at
the same time?  Are they really, really the same thing, just one uses a
library?  And why the other one doesn't use the library?

So, I'd like to report a bug against both packages, which is not
directly possible.  Question now is: should I report the same bug for
both packages and then merge the two bugs, or report the bug to one
package and then Cc the maintainer of the other one, or... what is the
best way to handle this?

Ciao,

Enrico