Re: Is there a tool for recursively listing dependencies?

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:12:09PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before I pop off and write a Perl script or something to recursively find
> dependencies of a package and it's dependencies dependencies (and so on), is
> there already something that does this?
>
> To cut to the chase, I want to determine all the packages that the Desktop
> task installs, to then see if a bug has been filed...

The apt-cache example of libapt-pkg-perl shipped with that package in
/usr/share/doc/libapt-pkg-perl/examples may do what you want I think.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@svana.org http://svana.org/sjh http://svana.org/sjh/diary
linux.conf.au 2005 - Canberra - April 18-23 2005