Re: RFD: use transient /var/run (tmpfs) or not?

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 13.37, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

[directories in /var/run]

> startup scripts in /etc/rc?.d run as root and have privileges to
> mkdir/chown/chmod the directory.

There is a tendency to do everything at boot for convenience of the users
running half their system off ramdisks.

Personally, I don't like that at all, as it slows down the boot process
unnecessarily, running checks that are unnecessary to run for 95% of the
installations.

greetings
-- vbi

--
"Sono un Leone.  I Leoni non credono nell'astrologia."
  -- Tom Neff