Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Monday 20 September 2004 17.26, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 20 septembre 2004 à 15:38 +0200, Michelle Konzack a écrit :

> > Blocking MAIL from DUL/DSL is the right thing.
>
> It won't achieve *anything*.
> If a spam is issued by an infected machine with a dynamic IP, it can use
> the SMTP server from the ISP as well. How do you make the difference
> betwen the two?

It *can*. But currently it does.

Same as with greylisting (which, incidentally, blocks 99.9% of the same spam
that blocking DUL does bad without most of the bad effects): spammers can
retry (and, in time, will) - but right now, they don't, and right now, I'm
enjoying a virtually spam free INBOX.

-- vbi

--
Und zu Opas Beerdigung den stärksten von Jacobs: "Die Auferstehung" -
wunderbar!