Re: graph of the debian organisation

On 2004-09-22, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> i don't know what you mean with machine<->human interaction.

Perhaps something that is represented in early Latour, and in Woolgar and
Law's actor network theory. This means networks of symmetric actors, both
human and non-human, where the network is balanced, or being tried to make
balance, according to power and negotiation relations and not to the
characteristics of the "knots" in the network. This family of theories
have a lot of strenghts in describing (if not explaining) projects like
Debian. I personally like to combine it with a strong (very humanistic)
culture-oriented activity theory where actions are individual and
_activities_ are historically formed, cultural, object-oriented, and
strongly mediated by collaboratively constructed artifacts.

I find your illustration very interesting and perhaps useful, BTW. Thanks
for doing such a great job!

--
Juha Siltala
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/activity/people/jsiltala/