Re: Mozilla printing postscript

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 01:26 -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> Because printing though xprt-xprintorg is *really* broken. You have to
> manually select PostScript/default as the printer instead of the
> default. Then it works good.

If that works in other Mozilla-based browsers, then thanks for the
workaround!

A quick search through the BTS shows these:

Package: galeon
256945
        Only xprint was available in mozilla due to alleged security
        flaw (fixed).
226574
        Xprint printing wasn't supported in Galeon (fixed).

Package: epiphany-browser
226614
        Xprint printing isn't supported by Epiphany. Upstream will fix
        it in the future (?).
219023
        Epiphany doesn't support the CUPS printing dialog -- if I
        understand this correctly, it means that you cannot set most
        options otherwise available. Upstream will fix it in the future
        (?).

Package: mozilla-firefox
226597
        Xprint printing isn't supported by Firefox. Marked as wontfix,
        no information about upstream position -- assume it goes hand in
        hand with Mozilla.
257761
        A request to re-enable PS printing -- the equivalent of 265945
        but perhaps the maintainer thinks the security flaw is real?

If I add these up, it seems to mean that the workaround will work in
Mozilla and Galeon but not in Epiphany and Firefox.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>