Re: Binary patching .deb files

On Saturday 04 September 2004 07:25 pm, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Plus, even if you can get it into the archive, it's not all that
> useful. The user would need a copy of the previous .deb file. They
> might still have it, but there's a pretty good chance that they don't.

  Yeah, that's what I meant.  Shoulda been clearer.  Basically, there are a
whole raft of practical problems in terms of which and how many diffs to keep
around.  You have the same problems with Packages files (I think people suggest
distributing patches to Packages even more often).

  Daniel

|          "Systems in which an event can happen before itself do             |
|           not seem to be physically meaningful." -- Leslie Lamport          |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/