Re: Please, not more font packages

2004-09-01, 20:32 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> I like to create an UNICODE font, better then LatArCyrHeb-*

AFAICS Linux console has only partial support of Unicode
(U+0000 to U+01FF, which only covers ISO8859-* and
maybe koi8-r).  I think using Unicode in your case is not
possible without improving Linux console a lot.  I once
tried to hack it for CJK languages but gave it up.

> Many of the Arabic characters are not correct...
> And then there is a Keymap problem...
>
> The atrabic/farsi characters are not on the right
> place on the Keyboard.
>
> Please can aynone point me in the right ditrection
> to make a new console keymap for Arabic and farsi ?

> All I found was in relation to the x-window-system.

See console-tools/console-data.  But there's no good
documentation in those..  You need to read existing
keymaps and source code.

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>