Re: Obsolete init script

"Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels@cistron.nl> schrieb:

> In article <[🔎] 20040901175744.7c9cb010.racke@linuxia.de>,
> Stefan Hornburg  <racke@linuxia.de> wrote:
>>Hello, Debian developers !
>>
>>Due to upstream changes, the courier-pcp init script became obsolete
>>and generates an error (bug #266087). How can I get rid of the script
>>and allow a smooth upgrade ?
>
> # echo "#! /bin/sh" > /etc/init.d/courier-pcp

Then you can as well remove it. The effect on local changes will be the
same. Somebody might have some code in there that she wants to use
again.

I didn't look at the bugs; there might be a reason why simply removing
the symlinks is not sufficient. But why not just rename it,
/etc/init.d/rcS will just ignore it.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie