Re: Testing netapplet

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 07:38:34PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:

[...]

> tools (ifupdown) in the way described in their man pages and in
> Debian manuals, this program is utterly incapable of either
> interpreting my network configuration or modifying it.  I hope
> that the ITPer[2] will fix these problems before uploading it
> to the archive.

 Sorry, but as I see the bugs you have filed in g-s-t package quite
 valuable and I'll try to talk with upstream to see how that can be
 managed, you should admit that your network sonfiguration is not usual.
 And with this I only mean that these tools (netapplet and
 gnome-system-tools) are aimed to normal or medium users, not power
 users. And it's quite improbably that my grandma has a network
 configuration like yours.

 So, I think that this package will made more benefit being uploaded to
 the archive that not being in it. Of course this doesn't mean that any
 of them shouldn't be improved.

 Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo