Re: Fresh installation: Keymap broken under X

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2004-08-25 15:06:18 +0200]:

> The keymap just vanished and you have an English
> keyboard
> under X.  Strangely enough the (in my case) German keyboard works on
> console.
 It is an XFree86 packaging problem. I should have already file a bug
report against it. At least the same true for hungarian keyboard
settings as well. On console I can switch and use en_US/hu_HU maybe
others as well, but I need only this two only. When comes to X, I can
use en_US, but not hu_HU. I have found out that the keyboard
configuration files are not placed correctly. When I have moved the
hu_HU* (they may named differently, it was a longer time ago) files to a
dir deeper where others are reside, I could use hu_HU under XFree86 as
well. Hit the same problem again as I have just reinstalled the box.
Will look up the possible solutions, and if I find out that it is really
a packaging problem, I will file a bugreport. :-|

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS