Re: dpkg / apt equivalent to 'rpm -qf'?

Frank Küster writes:
> But this would have the consequence that all those files would have to be
> created by dpkg, and clutter /etc.

No files would be created that were not subsequently filled in by a
maintainer script.  I don't know where you get the idea that that any
files, empty or otherwise, would be created that are not created now.

> I had understood from John's question that he wanted dpkg just to ignore
> empty files, except that it registers them for the package.

You misunderstood.

> ...change dpkg...

I proposed no changes whatsoever to dpkg.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)