Re: Conflicts between FHS and GnuStep

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:18:02 +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> said:

> Ok, we're now pretty near to a release, and this RC-bug is open for
> some time, so my question is: How to continue?

> I can see different ways out (order has nothing to do with
> preference):

> 1. Agree that
>> This is where all of the system's general-use include files for the
>> C and C++ programming languages should be placed.
>    doesn't match GNUstep files, and leave everything as is.

	Umm, no.  That would be stretching it. All kinds of
 application frameworks already place files in /usr/include, there is
 no reason why GNUStep should be granted a special dispensation.

	The rest of the options are not Policy related, but rather
 release management, and I have no opinion on them.

> 2. Accept the location of GNUstep files as an exception for sarge,
>    and change that post-sarge.
> 3. make a lot of changes to GNUStep in the last minute
> 4. drop GNUStep from sarge

	manoj
--
You will have a head crash on your private pack.