Re: gpg-agent in Sarge?

Hi, Isaac Clerencia wrote:

> To make encryption work properly I needed to run the gpg-agent,
> but it is not available in Debian, so I used some [1]external packages
> (created in June 2003, that worked fine with current gnupg).

Right...

> According to [2]bug report 187548 in March, Matthias Urlichs and James
> Troup were talking about uploading a [3]gnupg2 (which adds S/MIME
> support and gpg-agent) package to experimental, but I can't see any
> gnupg package in experimental now, neither a gpg-agent executable on
> Sarge.

Sorry about that. I planned on packaging gpg2 (with a separate binary
package for gpg-agent), but that idea got shelved because the
gcrypt/gnutls update was arguably more important.

> So it seems KDE users won't be able to do GPG/MIME in Sarge, I don't
> think this is a major issue,

Well, I think it's somewhat unfortunate, but nothing can be done about
it. I'll push for that in etch; at that time gnupg2 should be released too.

> but at least it would be nice to have
> gnupg2 packages at experimental soon.

I'll do that, most likely before Sarge is released.

--
Matthias Urlichs