Re: HP unofficial support for Debian (Proliant servers) ?

Juan Nin a écrit :
http://www.hp.com/hps/linux/lx_debian_faq.html

Thank you very much for the link.

At the end of this page, I can read :

    Will HP ProLiant servers be supported?

    Future releases will support selected HP ProLiant servers.

Well, this is in the same time good news (it will be supported)
and bad news (it is not supported right now).

So I wonder if somebody here has some tips (most likely from inside
HP) to cleanly and rather painlessly install woody, or at least
sarge, on Proliant G3/G4. E. g. dealing about the hpasm kernel module
and some other health management utilities.

I think about Proliant that could have donated by HP to Debian
project or Proliant at HP which host Debian services.

My goal is then to share those useful infos and experience with other
high-availability server administrators (debian-isp, colleagues) and
put comprehensive doc on a website.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs              Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel      : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                             CNRS UPR 20