Re: cross compile packages

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:48:51PM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> If we did, we wouldn't need to compile m68k on m68k; in fact, we could
> just compile everything on x86 (if need be).  And we wouldn't have a
> month long compile queue.
> Correct me if I'm way off target here, this is new ground for me.

Cross-compiling ideas arise from time to time. So far, all attempts to do so
were put down. And looking at
http://www.buildd.net/buildd/Needs-Build_stats.png it's not m68k you should
care about. M68k is performing quite well considering all the wasted build
cycles by buggy uploads and the pressure of the upcoming release.

M68k is in a good shape from my point of view. We still have some spare
machines that can be activated in the long run. And personally I think,
cross compiling will just introduce another possible point of failure...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/