Re: Plan for Mozilla Firefox and the release

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 10:12:35PM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> Well it looks like the firefox team missed their release, so I
> obviously couldn't package it. I hope some one can step up and do some
> work on the package while I'm away, since no work is coming out of me
> for the next 2.5 weeks :)

Well, I took some advance in the progress of having something ready for
when firefox 1.0 first rc will be released.
So, I pulled the aviary 1.0 branch from mozilla.org cvs (work branch for
firefox 1.0) and built a new package out of it[1]. It is supposed to solve
at least RC bug #259046, but I didn't have time to fully test it, nor to
go on through the process of checking what needed to be changed in admin
scripts, considering upstream changes.
Anyway, if some people could give hand on testing this build and give
feedback about bugs (not only #259046) possibly being solved, or even
test building it on some other arches, that would be appreciated.
I'm considering uploading a NMU to experimental for next release of the
package (after some more changes and checks), I think Eric wouldn't
mind, but I'd be needing a sponsor for that.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

PS: bug #259046 Cced for record.

[1]