Re: Suppressing loading of a kernel module

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 05:49:38PM -0400, James Michael Greenhalgh wrote:

> Could this be hotplug?  You may wish to add the i810_audio to the
> /etc/hotplug/blacklist

I've been meaning to ask, at what point did hotplug start overlapping into
discover's space?

I too found that #236423, whilst originally I believed to be caused by
discover, later seemed to be caused by hotplug. (For all I know it may have
been caused by hotplug all along).

It seems to me that hotplug seems to be much more indiscriminate than
discover when it comes to loading modules.

regards

Andrew