Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 10:33:00PM -0400, Sean J. Fraley wrote:
> While I understand you point, I think you are overreacting a bit.  Just edit
> whatever script starts jackd so that it doesn't start jackd.

Actually it looks like Jackd isn't started in the init scripts.
Still, it's cruft.  I'm just going to use equivs.

If you read the referenced bug report it says timidity can live without
jack being present, just detect the failure to load and skip it.