Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

Hi!

On 2004-08-14 16:30 +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I'm not sure it does.  Policy states that we should remove logfiles.
> If the user has edited the config file to split some of the logfiles
> (for example, per virtual host is quite common), we should also remove
> those, no?

Yes please! If I want the package to be purged from the system, it
should leave not a single trace of its existence. If you do want to
keep the files, then don't purge it.

You asked for it, you got it.

> > Removing subdirectories of /var/log/apache and files other than access.log*
> > and error.log* in /var/log/apache is not required or expected and can only
> > give a bad result.
> >
> > If you don't create it then don't remove it!
>
> But we did create it.

So let's remove them.

Have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org