Re: Snort packages up for adoption

Quoting Steve Kemp (skx@debian.org):

> > Despite I'm the first replyer, I wouldn't like to adopt it. ;-)
> This really does seem like a package crying out for a team
> maintainence.

Well, Pascal Hakim tried to help me set up an alioth project for Snort,
but he was busy studying, and I was busy switching jobs so nothing
really happened.

I don't know if Snort has to be team-maintained. The real problems are
the backports for stable users, and the rewrite of scripts to allow
multiple sensors on the same machine... Some work has been done already,
thanks to the help of others. Debconf needs to be changed, etc.

I just don't have time to do that. But I guess a team of two will do ;)

Regards,
Sander.