Re: Snort packages up for adoption

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 03:42:39PM +0200, Erik Schanze wrote:

> > First one to reply to this post on this list takes the packages! :)
> >
> Despite I'm the first replyer, I wouldn't like to adopt it. ;-)

  This really does seem like a package crying out for a team
 maintainence.

  One nice thing to see would be a mechanism such as clamav's for
 downloading updated rules from a central place (Alioth?) which
 might avoid a repeat of the outdated-rules-in-woody problem.  Although
 I appreciate that often engine upgrades mean that new rules cannot
 be applied simply.

Steve